Preparing For a Session
1. PLEASE BE ADVISED: Massage Therapy has NOTHING to do with sex. No flirting, innuendo or inappropriate touching will be tolerated.
2. DO NOT arrive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You will be asked to leave.
3. Don't take pain medication or muscle relaxants before a massage. These would dull your ability to tell if the session itself is helpful to relieve pain
and relax the muscles.
4. Please shower and shave before your massage.
5. Don't schedule your massage session right after having your hair styled. Your hair will get a little oil/lotion in it from the session.
6. Consider what you need from the session and tell your therapist. Does your head hurt? Are your neck/shoulders tight? Do you just need to unwind? Should you mention your new blood pressure medicine? (YES!)
7. It is customary to be completely undressed for massage therapy. You will be covered from the neck down by sheet and blanket until a part of you needs uncovering for work. Your breasts (female) or groin or gluteal cleavage will NEVER be exposed. If you are uncomfortable being nude, leave your underwear on. Undress to your level of comfort.